Saturday, March 15, 2008

This May Be My Last Term, Says PM

PUTRAJAYA, MALAYSIA: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi admitted that if he can't live up the expectations of the people again, this would be his last term as Prime Minister.

He said that he will use his “strong majority” to settle the major elections topics such as inflation, crime and corruption.

“I have heard the voices of the people. I know if I do not improve, this will be my last term. However, we still have the majority support and continue to lead the country.”

Abdullah told Reuters and CNBC in a joint interview Friday (14 Mar) that he doesn't see Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and the PKR adviser Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim as a threat.

“I have full confidence on Najib. As for Anwar, it is his business on how he wants to continue his political game.”

On the other hand, Abdullah said that the voters might have made a wrong decision for choosing the opposition.

“If it is their mistake, they must face it.” (Sin Chew Daily)

No comments: